Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Profiles for Wrestlers in 1930's Alabama


       Digging through all these old records and newspapers, my interest is increasingly drawn to a handful of characters that make recurring appearances. I've not found any prior efforts focusing on these individuals, so I've decided to attempt to construct profiles and brief biographies for them here on Territory Days. And just to keep some semblance of activity, I'm going to build these profiles in the open, a blog post for each, editing and commenting as I go. Hopefully this will interest someone other than me, and just maybe it will provoke someone into helping out with a detail here and there.

     The following are my choices for this research project (list subject to change).  These are all wrestlers who figured prominently in the business all over Alabama (and the South in general) in the 1930s.
  • Chris Jordan
  • Joe Gunther
  • "Dynamite" Joe Dillman
  • Tuffy Cleet
  • Lon Chaney
  • Freddie Knichel
  • Ernest "Tiger" Kelly
  • Stanley Buersch
  • Frank Buersch 
  • Jim Hesslyn
  • Kid Lott

No comments:

Post a Comment